Wednesday, December 16, 2020

8 Jewish Gratitude Thoughts during Hanukkah

8 Jewish Gratitude Thoughts during Hanukkah

Hanukkah is about miracles and there are many things to be grateful for (even this year). 

Here is my gratitude list: 

  • I can ask and receive help from friends and neighbors since I can't drive temporarily because I'm recovering from hammertoe foot surgery. 
    • A neighbor drove me to pick up a Chanukah gift for my husband
    • A friend delivered a latke box from my synagogue drive through
Contents of Hanukkah Latke Box
    Contents of Hanukkah Latke Box

  • Grateful that my synagogue and many others are conducting services, Hanukkah candle lighting, and Adult Education online on Zoom or Facebook. This has helped me focus on Torah study and blessings instead of being worried about the pandemic.
  • Glad that my feet are now naked and out of bandages.
My bandaged feet on ice after surgery

Naked toes mid-December

  • Gratitude to my husband for mailing out my customer orders within 36 hours so my clients would receive them in a timely manner. 
  • Thankful that my local library offers home drop off and pickup service. 
My to-be-read pile


  • Glad I'm working from home and safe from exposure to the coronavirus. And, I get more done! 
  • Happy that my husband got me the book, "The Women's Torah Commentary" for Hanukkah.
The Women's Torah Commentary

  • Grateful to HaShem for giving me another day. Each morning, I recite at least 2 prayers: "Modah ani" and "Elohai Neshama to thank G-d for restoring my (pure) soul. 
Elohai Neshama

What are your Jewish Gratitude Thoughts/favorite prayers?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Mother's Day with Solidarity for Israel

As Mother's Day approaches, it's time for us to only celebrate the incredible mothers in our lives but also to reflect on the Jewish...