Saturday, September 26, 2020

My Mom's Sweet Noodle Kugel Recipe - Pareve

My Mom's Sweet Noodle Kugel Recipe - Pareve



I don't consider myself a good cook, but my mom's kugel (z'l) is easy enough that even I can make it. 

Ingredients:

1/2 bag egg noodles     3 eggs

1/2 stick margarine        raisins (a handful, or to your taste)

1/2 cup sugar                1/2 cup cinnamon (can be 1/4 cup if you prefer)

Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 TSP vanilla

One year when I made sweet noodle kugel, I accidentally used too much cinnamon in the noodle mixture. My husband said he liked it with more cinnamon, so that's how I make it now. 




Preparation:

Cook noodles and drain

Use a mixing bowl or your casserole dish

Beat eggs together

Add eggs and margarine to noodles

Add sugar and cinnamon to noodles 

Add raisins

Mix well

round challah


Cooking on Stovetop: 

My mom (z'l) made it on the stove adding shortening to a frying pan. 

Cook 15 to 20 minutes and flip onto a plate so the uncooked side is up.

Add the mixture back to the frying pan with the uncooked side up. You can add more cinnamon on top if you want

Cooking in Oven:

Spray your casserole dish  (size) with Pam spray 

Add noodles mixture to casserole dish and cover

Cook at 350 for about 1/2 hour 

You can add more cinnamon and raisins on top if you wish

Uncover for about 5 minutes

Ha! I forgot to take final pictures after cooking because it was time to eat dinner before Erev Rosh HaShanah. 


The result:

 
(shown with brisket):


Here's a lovely bag we received with some Rosh HaShanah goodies. Isn't it cute? 


May we all be written and sealed in the Book of Life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Purim

 Happy Purim (starts at sundown, March 23)  I hope your Purim is filled with laughter, joy, and hamentaschen. Can't believe these Purim ...