Sunday, January 30, 2022

How I Started Making Jewelry

How I Started Making Jewelry 

It Started with Purim

Purim has a special meaning for me. Twelve (or so) years ago, it sparked my passion for jewelry design.

I got together with other Jewish women of Central Branch of Women’s League to attend a talk/workshop session about Purim at a shul in Chicago. During the talk, we were shown how to make a Purim bracelet with bells.

(Click image to view more) 





When I was a kid, I used to make pony beaded necklaces and bracelets I’ve always been crafty and enjoy working on projects. 

Not only did I learn about Queen Esther that day, and enjoy some girls time - I discovered what I wanted to do: design Jewish jewelry and women’s kippot. It lights me up!

Tears of Joy

Lila came to me in December and asked about getting her kippah in 10 days. Normally, women order at least 1 month in advance. I rushed home from work to mail her kippah the same day she ordered it to make sure she got it in time for her event.

Three days later, I found this review in my shop. It made me cry (tears of joy) because I was able to help her get her beautiful kippah on time.



Why?

More women are looking for stylish alternatives to wearing lace doilies on their head and want to wear more feminine and colorful personalized Jewish jewelry and kippot that can’t be found in a catalog.

You can:

feel connected to your family, Jewish community, and G-d
celebrate being Jewish (especially in these troubling times)

I'm so grateful that I attended that workshop and now help Jewish women find ways to show their Jewish Pride. 

What part of this story relates to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Passover

Happy Passover!  I hope that this year, we all reflect on the freedoms we have and express our gratitude to HaShem.  Check out this You Tube...