Sunday, August 9, 2020

Behind the Scenes: Creating New Designs Linorstore

Behind the Scenes: Creating New Designs

I'm having trouble with my Website, so I choose to start a new blog. Unfortunately, I deleted my old blogspot blog. 

Here's where I'll tell you about me, new LinorStore Designs, and inspirational posts.

Please bear with me as I figure out a new blog design, the best time for me to post, and what you'd like to read about. 

It's been about 4 months since I've been working from home since Covid-19 started. Before then, I couldn't deal with much besides going to the office, and returning safely home. 

Over the past 6 weeks, I've been creating new designs, sticking to my brand, but I'm also exploring some new designs. 

I hope you'll give me feedback about what you like and don't like. 

Here's a new listing for a Jewish Charm Bracelet in my Etsy shop. 

Jewish Beaded Charm Bracelet

Over the past few weeks, I've been creating new designs and want to give you a inside peek behind the scenes.

Honestly, months ago, I didn't feel much like creating new designs or marketing. It was all I could do to get to my job, protect myself and others and be well. Before April, when I received permission to work from home, I admit that my anxiety about health concerns and COVID-19 was fairly high because I'm in the high risk category of people. Now, I'm happier working from home and I'm much more productive doing my job.

My passions for making jewelry and Judaism blended together resulting in my specializing in Jewish jewelry and kippot. Now, I'm rethinking my business model because my kippot and jewelry designs are primarily for in-person celebrations, which are on hold so we all stay safe.

The original reason I started creating jewelry is spiritual. I believe in in the healing powers of gemstones. I've returned to my original thought of creating chakra and healing jewelry using semi-precious gemstones. Your unique gifts and characteristics may need to be enhanced by wearing certain colors with gemstone meanings.

Many of my regular clients are not wearing jewelry while they're staying at home, so I'm experimenting with creating other items. I'd love to get your feedback after you read this article.

At Home Collection

The thought behind these designs is to make items you can use at home to enjoy and celebrate every day. Three ideas came to mind: digital downloads, suncatchers, and bookmarks.

Digital Downloads

I had fun creating these positive affirmations and quotes into a collection you could print, cut out, paste on cards and mail them to a friend. But, we can see that creating graphics is not my expertise.

While I have ideas for other collections, I'm not 100% sure this calls out to me or you as something you gotta have. What do you think?

Refrigerator Magnets

I purchased a refrigerator magnet from another seller and received some inspirational magnets as gifts. Loving wire wrapping and beads, I created home decor magnets for your kitchen, or office, if you have a metal file cabinet.

Suncatchers

Hopefully, we are looking out our windows to see the beauty of nature while we're at home more. I decided to create suncatchers so you can enjoy decorating your windows or doors in your homes. But, I don't like the first 2 designs, so I've taken them apart. Sometimes, designing is a trial and error process.

Behind the Scenes LinorStore Jewelry Take 1: Blue Suncatcher
Take one: Blue Suncatcher

I've come up with a few other designs that I like better.

Behind the Scenes LinorStore Jewelry Chakra Round Suncatcher:
Chakra Round Suncatcher

This Chakra round suncatcher is better, but still needs to be redefined. I sat down to
create a birthday gift for a friend, and this suncatcher design (below) came out the best.
Behind the Scenes with LinorStore Jewelry Spiral Chakra Purple Suncatcher
Spiral Chakra Purple Suncatcher - Gifted to a friend

This root chakra suncatcher (below) is a better design, but I still have to work out the kinks.

Behind the Scenes LinorStore Jewelry Red Chakra Suncatcher:
Root Chakra Suncatcher

I'd like your feedback, please: Which one do you like best? Why?

Bookmarks

 Reading books is one of my pleasures. I prefer a physical book to an e-reader. A friend from grammar school recommended a book group on Facebook and I'm enjoying some of their book recommendations and continuing to read my favorite authors: Stephen King, James Patterson, and Debbie Macomber (just a few of my favorites).

I prefer flat bookmarks. My first attempt is a fail and I've already taken it apart. If I'm not satisfied with a design, I won't list it for sale in my shop. I take customer service seriously and stand behind my products. I couldn't get behind some of my first attempts so I scratched them.

Behind the Scenes Linorstore Jewelry Turquoise and Purple Bookmark
Fail: Purple and Turquoise Bookmark
Behind the Scenes Black Tassel Bookmark LinorStore Jewelry
Black Tassel Bookmark

Behind the Scenes LinorStore Jewelry Fall Orange Tassel Bookmark
Fall Orange Tassel Suncatcher

I'd like your feedback, please: Which bookmark one do you like best? Why?

I pray for your safety and hope you are wearing your mask in public.

Maskwearing Linda B of LinorStore Jewelry

If you'd like to order anything from this post, please let me know by email. I have only 1 item listed in the shop right now.




12 comments:

  1. I love the Fall Orange Tassel Suncatcher bookmark! I like the Fall colors, and especially how you arranged them to complement each other. The blog looks good, and it's very informative. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, thanks so much. Appreciate the feedback.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Roxanne. Going to list the ones I'm passionate about.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Passover

Happy Passover!  I hope that this year, we all reflect on the freedoms we have and express our gratitude to HaShem.  Check out this You Tube...