Tuesday, September 1, 2020

5 Years as a Breast Cancer Survivor - Gifts to Celebrate

5 Years as a Breast Cancer Survivor - Celebration

This September brings a new Jewish New Year and my 5 year anniversary of being free from Breast Cancer. 

Do you know a breast cancer survivor newly diagnosed or undergoing treatment? Is your mom or sister or aunt a survivor? What about your best friend? These pink jewelry gifts will help cheer them on during the struggle. 



Hope Breast Cancer Survivor Earrings
Pink Breast Cancer Survivor Keychain






I am so grateful to be here today and to be a 5-year Pink Warrior.

The best things that happened to me are:

1. Participating in groups and therapy for breast cancer at Living Well Cancer Resource Center in Geneva, IL. The women in the Breast Cancer Group answered my questions after my diagnosis helping me decide to have radiation therapy to reduce my risks of recurring breast cancer. 

Pink Roses at Living Well
Pink Roses outside, Living Well, Geneva

2. Having the support of my husband John, friends, and family in Illinois, Virginia, and New Jersey who sent greeting cards, drove me to appointments, and helped me be a Survivor. It means the world to me.  



3. I'm grateful to have completed the YMCA Livestrong cancer exercise program.

4. The American Cancer Society matched me with a volunteer to call me and check on my progress before and after surgery. I'm hoping to volunteer myself in a few years to help pay it forward. It's so helpful to talk to someone who can relate to what you're going through.  

5. To celebrate, I created a line of Breast Cancer Jewelry. When you purchase any pink item all year round, I put aside a portion of funds to donate to Living Well Cancer Center in Geneva, Illinois. 

Most of all, I thank G-d, who helps me every day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrating Mother's Day with Solidarity for Israel

As Mother's Day approaches, it's time for us to only celebrate the incredible mothers in our lives but also to reflect on the Jewish...